What is it ?
dnsfunnel is a small daemon listening to DNS client requests over UDP
(typically from the libc's
function) and forwards them to a list of DNS caches. It provides the
client with the first answer it gets, trimming the answer so it fits
in an UDP packet.
dnsfunnel is especially useful for distributions using the
musl libc, which does not support
TCP DNS transport. It was originally written to be used in the
Alpine Linux distribution.
- A POSIX-compliant system with a standard C development environment.
- GNU make, version 3.81 or later
- skalibs version
18.104.22.168 or later. It's a build-time requirement. It's also a run-time
requirement if you link against the shared version of the skalibs
- s6-dns version
22.214.171.124 or later. It's a build-time requirement. It's also a run-time
requirement if you link against the shared version of the s6dns
dnsfunnel is free software. It is available under the
- See the enclosed INSTALL file for installation details.
- This page lists the differences to be aware of between
the previous versions of dnsfunnel and the current one.
- dnsfunnel is discussed on the