On 18/12/19 21:26, A. Wilcox wrote:
I am formally proposing the following requirements be slipped to
post-1.0 due to time or external constraints:
If the system is running in an Installation Environment, and the
system is an Intel machine, the system shall allow the User to select
whether to store UTC or local time in the RTC, noting that local time is
necessary to coexist with most Windows installations but could result in
* We don't have a way for the UI or Runner to even make this
configuration decision, it would have to be a command run post-runner.
* Even if we did, offering this option was controversial when it was
brought up on IRC.
* This only affects people who will dual-boot Adélie and Windows on the
If the User has selected a package set or packages that will use
80% of more of the computer's disk space selected for use with Adélie
Linux, the system shall prompt the User to confirm the selection and
warn that installation may not be successful.
* This requires changes to libapk that are not yet completed.
* Even a full installation would require less than 6 GB, which is likely
far less than even the most space-constrained systems that would be in
use for 1.0 installs (especially since Firefox and KDE require more
memory than would likely be available on computers with disks smaller
than 6 GB).
The only suggestion I would make at this stage is for potential embedded
system use, where storage memory (and indeed NOT 'disk' space) may be
tightly constrained, you might want notification of this.
On systems that are headless also, you are unlikely to be bothered about a
desktop system, and similarly may be RAM constrained.
I'm not sure whether such uses are considered as targets for Adelie, but I
would have thought ruling them out was unwise.
Supporting multiple languages.
* We have not yet identified a crowd-sourced translation system that we
* Most people who are interested in Adélie for 1.0 can read and
comprehend basic English.
I'll mark these as moved to future releases unless anyone raises
concerns in the next 48 hours.
Ad?lie Development mailing list -- adelie-devel(a)lists.adelielinux.org
To unsubscribe send an email to adelie-devel-leave(a)lists.adelielinux.org